Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fourth of July Crafts

Here are a couple of the crafts I have made to decorate my house for the 4th of July.  I have recently discovered what I think they call "Subway Art."  They are really cool pictures that are made of words.  Anyway....I found some during my blog hopping adventures at night that were for FREE!  I LOVE FREE!  So...A couple of the pictures are of my new subway art.  I am only posting one of the pics right now, as I haven't finished repainting the frame for the other patriotic art I found for....FREE!  I was reading on other blogs how you can download the print and send it to your photo developer (Costco) and they will print it on photo paper.  I haven't gotten that far yet....I just printed them on regular printer paper.  One blog I found printables on was http://landeeseelandeedo.blogspot.com  I honestly can't remember where I found this first particular subway art picture ( I think it was www.eighteen25.blogspot.com.  Okay...updated as of 7/8.....I found the link....http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-28T07%3A10%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=15


The next few pictures are of the Freedom banner I made to hang on my fireplace.  I made this banner with my Cricut.  I used the Birthday Bash cartridge for the banner part, the Independence Day cartridge for the fireworks, and Alphalicious for the letters.  

This next picture is of the wooden fireworks I made today. I found these online at http://thepikefam.blogspot.com.  I just HAD to make this!  They are so cute....so here it is...





And finally...here are the patriotic pinwheels I made...
I got the directions online.  I dyed the rice in the jar.





Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment