Friday, April 6, 2012

Hoppy Easter Banner

Yesterday I enjoyed a nice relaxing day at home with my boys.  It has been such a wonderful week being able to spend time with them.  I cannot wait until summer vacation....only 3 months.  Yay!  So yesterday's crafting task revolved around a new Easter banner.  I made an Easter Peep banner last year (at the beginning of my banner making phase).  Now....we all know how when you start to evolve in your skills and creativity the items you made at the beginning of your adventure just aren't up to par.  Okay, let's face it....it's just not good....at all....  Hence.....the NEW Easter banner.  I am MUCH happier with this banner.  PLEASE bear with my photos....I've been taking the pics with my phone, and apparently I need to stop doing that.  It's just SO much easier than having to hook my camera up to the computer to download the pics.  Does anyone else feel this way?


To make this banner I used the following items:

Paper:  Reminisce (I actually had leftover paper from either last year or the year before)
Cricut Cartridges:
        Birthday Bash-Banners cut at 6"
        Create a Critter-Bunny cut at 4 1/2", Carrots cut at 1", Basket cut at 2 1/2"
        Alphalicious-Letters cut at 5"
        Doodlecharms- Eggs cut at 2" and 4 1/2"
Peachy Keen Stamps-Critter Faces (Large)
Stampin' UP Chocolate Chip stamp pad-I used this for the distressing
Twine-
Close up of the end piece.  I really like the basket of eggs and carrots.  :-)  I added stitching to the carrots, but distressed and speckled the eggs.  I like the looks of them...it really matched the look of the paper. 

I added a few buttons to this piece for something different.  The thread used was twine by My Mind's Eye.

The husband took today off to spend a day with the family.  We're getting ready to head out and go bowling.  Yahoo!  I feel a heavy competition brewing. Have a great Friday!




0 comments:

Post a Comment