Friday, September 2, 2011

September Already?????

I can't believe how fast August flew by.  This last month my blogging took a backseat to two soccer tournaments for my oldest son (one of which they won the whole tournament and the other they did remarkably well), my baby (not really....he's 9) went to church camp for the first time, I attended 3 days of Summer Institute (our district's professional development classes), had to set up a classroom for 31 second graders, as well as many doctor's appointments.  And now....September is upon us.....and it's back to school.



Most of my crafting has been related to the classroom lately.  I have had the best time making decorations for the classroom, as well as some new learning games to incorporate into our curriculum.  I think it has already paid off....I met my new students on Thursday night.....they were so excited when they saw the classroom....we are going to have a great adventure with lots of learning!  I will be posting pictures of my classroom soon.  In the meantime....here are some of the projects I've been working on.

This first picture is of a card I made with my card-making girls.  Isn't it the cutest?  I just love pennant banners right now.


To make this card:

*Birthday Bash Cartridge
*Baby Buttons
*Stickles


Once again, I LOVE my pennant banners!



For this card:

*Pennant / Triangle Punch
*Tim Holz Distressing Ink
*Thread
*Dimmensionals
*Just a Note stamp



 The next couple of pictures show a furniture refinishing project I worked on.  I got a SUPER great deal at our local Good Will....I found this desk and an end table for $25 total!  I couldn't pass it up, especially when I knew that I could just refinish them and they would be like new.  My youngest son needed a desk for his room.  He's going into 4th grade and needed a place to work on homework (besides my kitchen table).  So....here it is.....  I sanded down the desk and painted it navy blue to match the rest of his bedroom furniture.  He picked out contact paper to cover the top (laminate) of the desk.  He decided that he didn't want new hardware for the desk.  I was kind of surprised, but it looks great with the original hardware.  I think it turned out beautifully...best of all.....he LOVES it!


 

And finally.....another banner I made to welcome my students and their families to Open House.  This banner was placed above my door to welcome everyone who visits our room.


To make this banner:

*Birthday Bash cartridge
*Alphalicious cartridge


I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  I will do my best to start posting on a regular basis. 

Happy Crafting!





2 comments:

Connie Gray said...

Love the desk. You did such a great job refinishing it. The cards are adorable. Yikes-31 second graders!?! Don't know how you do it. :)

Unknown said...

You did great on your son's desk, it's beautiful! He's a lucky boy. Your cards are all so cute too! Good luck this year at school. 31 is a lot of kiddos, but you'll get used to them and when 1 is gone it will fell like half of them are missing! I'm having a giveaway, come visit. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment