Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Few Cards

I am so glad it is Mid-Winter Break....it was nice to relax and make some cards today with a couple of my friends.  I was in need of birthday cards, so that was my goal today. 

This first cards is just a simple birthday card.



For this card I used the Simply Charmed cartridge for the Happy Birthday.  I used my Gypsy to delete the faces on the a and the d.  I cut out the image at 3".  I then used my Peachy Keen Everyday Character Face Assortment stamps to add the faces.  The paper I used at the top is from 3 Bugs in a Rug.  I then added the three brads to the bottom.

The next card I think I'll use for when the boys have birthday parties to go to.


To make this card, I used the Create-a-Critter cartridge.  I cut the terrier at 2 1/2".  I cut the hat and present from the same cartridge.  The hat was cut at 2 1/2" and the present was cut at 1 1/2".  I added a bone brad for the collar and then two paw brads for something different.  I think I bought these brads at Michaels.  I added stickles to the hat and the present for a little bling.  The Yappy Birthday stamp is from My Pink Stamper's Even More Punny-licious stamp set.


I think this next card just might be my favorite....the koala is just too cute. I figured I could either use it as a birthday card OR as an everyday "just because" card.




For this card I used the Create-a-Critter cartridge.  I cut the koala at 3".  The background paper I had left over from a banner I made a while ago.  The paper is from Pebbles.  It's their New Arrival line.  I decided to mat it just to change up the look my cards usually have.  The G'day Mate sentiment is from Scrappy Mom's "Amusing Animals" stamp set.

This last card I made over winter break for my grandma.  She LOVES penguins.  I think they're pretty cute, too.


For this card I used the Simply Charmed Cartridge.  I cut the penguins at 3".  The igloo was cut at 1 1/2".  I tore the white paper to give it the look of snow.  The have an "ice" day sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's Winter Punnies stamp set.


I hope everyone is enjoying the long President's Day weekend! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment