Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Christmas Barn Star

I am so sorry I've been slacking on the blog posts....I've been reading blogs, just not writing.  In my last post I said I was busy working on making things for my classroom....I'm still working on them and have yet to get the pictures uploaded to my computer.  I promise they'll be up soon.  In the meantime, I had a friend on Facebook ask me to post a picture of my Christmas barn star.  I think the paper I used on this barn star was Bo Bunny.

The directions for this barn star are the same as the patriotic barn star, with one further step.
1.  I used tracing paper to trace one of the points of the star.
2.  I transfered the tracing paper onto a file folder (so it was sturdier).
3.  Use the tracing template to trace each part of the barn star.  Cut them out.
4.  I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the barn star.  Make sure the smooth out the paper.  It tends to want to bubble if you don't.
5.  Let it completely dry.
6.  Seal the paper with another coat of Mod Podge.  Let dry.
7.  Then...I used E-6000 to glue a smaller barn star on top.


I am off my foot for a couple of days, so I'm hoping to get started on my Hawkeye barn star.  Football season will be here before we know it!


Have a wonderful night!


0 comments:

Post a Comment