Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Monster Birthday Card and Teacher Card

The past couple of days have been quite busy.  Yesterday I decided it was time to organize some photos and get them sent off to Costco to be printed.  I think it's almost been a year since I've completed a scrapbook layout.  Ouch!  I have to put that on my list of things to do this summer.  Today, I went to Costco to pick up the pictures, which turned out wonderful!  I got home and decided to steam clean my carpet (don't ask me why).  As I was cleaning, I got this sudden urge / nudge to steam clean the stairs (again, don't ask me why).  Cleaning stairs is such a tedious task.  I really HATE steam cleaning stairs.

Okay....on a happier, craftier note...here are a couple of cards I made this week.

This first one is a card I made for my nephew's birthday.  I can't believe he's going to be 6.  Wow!  So....I've had my Mini Monsters cartridge for a while and haven't really done anything with it yet.  I also have a cute monster stamp set I found at Michael's.  I decided to put the two together for this card.  The paper I used is from Reminisce



This next card I made just because I was feeling all teachery (is that a word?).  I like to have cards ready for my boys' teachers or teachers at my school that I like to surprise every now and then.  For this card I used the Create a Critter cartridge.  I used my Gypsy to delete the face of the worm so I could use my Peachy Keen Critter Faces stamp sets instead.  I also deleted the face of the apple, but decided not to put a face on it this time. The sentiment came from the Our Teachers stamp set from Pink By Design.


That's all for now......leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment