Monday, July 11, 2011

Patriotic Barn Star

When I was in my "let's make decorations for the 4th of July" mood, one of the projects I wanted to do was to Mod Podge a metal barn star in a patriotic theme.  I have already done a Christmas Barn Star, so I already had the template for the paper pieces already made.  To make this, I first used tracing paper to trace one of the point sections of the star.  I then transferred it to a file folder to cut out as my tracing template.  I traced the pieces of paper and cut them out, followed by inking the edges with a brown ink to give it an aged look.  I then applied Mod Podge to one section of the barn star and put the paper on top.  One thing I noticed the first time I covered a barn star was that it will bubble if you don't smooth out the paper.  After all of the pieces are on the barn star, it will need to dry completely.  Once it is dried, you can add another layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper.  This will seal the paper and give it a little shine.
Next on my list of barn stars is an Iowa Hawkeye Barn Star to decorate my house during college football season.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment